YOUR PACE OR MINE TRAIL WEEKEND...
A weekend of trail running, coaching and workshops for the YPOM running group.
All sessions will be run by myself, an experienced ultra runner, trail running coach and Salomon athlete.
This weekend is designed to teach you every aspect of trail running, you will learn how to pace your races, tackle the hills in the correct way, improve your technique, basic navigation, work on nutrition and much more.
The whole weekend is a trail running question and answer session and I can guarantee that every question you have will be answered.
The bunkhouse is nestled into the side of Leith Hill, the highest point in south east England, and has awesome trails on the doorstep. Leith Hill is just 30 miles from London.
We will run at a social pace and walk the hills if we have to. This is not a race! We will stay as a group so if you are a faster runner, please expect to run slower than you would normally.
Previous trail running experience is not necessary. The terrain will be hilly and varied. The views will be incredible.
(Provisional and subject to change)
- Arrive from 7pm
- Welcome Dinner and drinks
- One Day Trail Workshop including...
- Trail Running Technique and foot placement
- Uphill trail running - how to tackle the hills efficiently
- Downhill running technique - how to descend safely and with confidence
- Race strategy and pacing
- Training plan advice
- Fun slacklining session
- 10km social run up and around Leith Hill
- Dinner and drinks at local pub (not included)
- Option of 5 mile run up and around Leith Hill with option of additional 6.5 miles (total 11.5 miles) run up and onto the North Downs
- Say our goodbyes.
Accommodation in bunkhouse accommodation.
Meal and drinks on Friday night.
Breakfast every morning.
Guided trail runs and coaching by fully qualified running coach.
Video and photos.
Additional drinks and snacks.
Lunch on all days.
Dinner on Saturday night.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Leith Hill, United Kingdom, RH5 6LX
Guildford, United Kingdom
Based out of Guildford, Surrey, but working across the UK and beyond, Running Adventures was founded in 2014 by Matt Buck, through a passion for all things running and trails.
Running Adventures are experienced in offering a variety of services such as...
- Coaching, both online and face to face
- Guided Trail Adventures
- Bespoke Trail Adventures
- Training Weekends
- Race Directorships